
For me, Matthew McFadyen IS Mr. Darcy, and he always will be. Colin Firth is good, but Mr. MacFadyen great. So imagine my wonder and rapture when I happened to see this on Youtube:
This my friends is...well, the ultimate in audiobook material. Now if only there was a complete audiobook on the market...it shall be a lifelong sorrow, I know. Is not his voice amazing? So dramatic, but not in the least overdone. Such a great performance. Such feeling, so soothing, so expressive.
If it helps, don't watch the video, just click play, minimize the window, and just take in the experience!

There are also a few videos on Youtube of Mr. MacFadyen reading poems, which are very good as well, though nothing to the above clip.
3 comments:
For some reason I can't watch youtube on my laptop right now, but I can't wait!! Oh, Matthew MacFadyen reading poems?! That sounds like heaven! Perhaps I'll commandeer Emmy's laptop to watch it there. Thanks! His voice is just amazing, and I totally agree: to me, also, he is Fitzwilliam Darcy, no matter what so many other people say. ;) By the way, I don't know if you are familiar with the actor Matthew Gray Gubler, but you should listen to his reading of Annabell Lee (Edgar Allan Poe) here and click "kgube radio", then "stories" and it should be the only one. He does a really good job, I think. But thanks for the tag, and I shall definitely find a way to watch / listen to that!!! :D
Caleb! You wont believe this.... are you ready? I like him! I really do! More so than Colin Firth. I know, I know, you are beside yourself. You can pick yourself off the floor now. I will say that Gabe was the only one who could convince me of Darcy. He had a different twist on it all.
But, I really, really do not like Kiera Knightly. She is much too mod. I have other adjectives, but Ill be nice. :) Her hair is way not Regency. Im struggling with her. Can you help me out with it?
You know I have not seen either movie. I may have seen the old one years ago. Not sure. I have however seen snippets of both.
Yes, he has a lovely voice. I do like him as the actor in this also.
Good post! :)
Let me know what you think, Lydia, I really think you're going to love this! :) And I'm so glad to find people who like the 2005 version! There are so few of us...;)
I am most pleased, Mrs. Ferrar! :)
Though...I must say, I don't know of any reason how anyone could NOT like him. ;)
Can I help you out with it...hmmm...well, at the moment, the best advice I could give is just to watch it! I think unless you've actually watched the entire movie, you really can't appreciate the details. The film is beautifully made as a whole and Keira Knightley plays the part of Lizzie very well. (Please never mind the scoffers until you've actually watched it! ;D)
Post a Comment