Some of you know that my mom has an Etsy store and has been making and selling Regency dresses through it. She has been, basically, costuming a Pride and Prejudice play in Wisconsin, (Very blessed by all those sales.)
Her most recent sale is very interesting. We discovered that the buyer is in fact, Sharon Lathan...(Don't completely pass yourself off as illiterate if you don't know who she is...I didn't either.)
My mom came down and asked me, "Are you familiar with any books about Darcy? Like sequels to Pride and Prejudice?" (Or something to that effect.)
A little confused, having just got out of bed, I pulled some eyebrows and tentatively said that I was, thinking of Mr Darcy Takes A Wife.
"Have you heard anything good about them?" Was the next question.
"No."
"Well, the lady who bought my dress has written a series of Darcy books."
More eyebrows..."No kidding."
So, I had never heard of these books before, (The Darcy Saga,) which to the best of my knowledge begins on Darcy and Elizabeth's wedding day, and over the course of five books, covers the first years of marriage, their first child, etc.
I can't say anything for the books, but watching an interview with the authoress and her husband was quite nice, and reassuring as far as for her motive in writing.
She bought the dress for her daughter to wear to a Jane Fest in CA (Which was canceled, unfortunately). She has some pictures of her and her daughter in their Regency dresses up on her website's blog, though only one of her daughter. I'm not sure what kind of a following she's got, but it is international. And so that's kind of a lot of advertising, we're thinking. :)
Anyway, anybody heard of/read these books?
http://www.sharonlathan.net/sharonsblog/
No comments:
Post a Comment