Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

New sewing project

Just a brief update on life (Kilted life, mostly)...several cool things happened in these past couple weeks, and the very uncool sickness too, but I can talk about that later. Nobody wants to hear about being sick anyway, do they? C'mon, really!
Anyway!
My latest project: I began cutting out a Prince Charlie jacket and matching waistcoat, (using Folkwear's pattern #152), and my goal is to have it done, by the Eversons' HSA event next month.

So, what is a Prince Charlie jacket, you might ask? Well...:



Also, I recently ordered a Balmoral bonnet from SportKilt (incidentally I ordered it on National Tartan Day, Apr. 6, because they were offering free shipping. :)) It arrived yesterday. Very excited about that as well! :)



(My bonnet doesn't have a clan crest or any other insignia on the side as is pictured. Maybe someday.)

2 comments:

Patrizia said...

Cant wait to see it all, Caleb! You will do great & it will be a hit! Very exciting! Love the hat :) Michael & I will be coming over next week at some point with tips on getting her costume done for Oregon.

Caleb R. P. said...

Truth be told, I can't either, Mrs. Ferrar! ;D The jacket is now in four parts, just about ready to be completed, and then the double welt pockets on the waistcoat...:)

So I heard! Looking forward to seeing you both. :) (The missing 'a' amused me - I must confess...;))