The musings, thoughts and other oddities of Caleb.
(They arise chiefly from what is passing at the moment.)
Pages
Friday, December 24, 2010
May that truly be said of us!
It was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless Us, Every One!” – Charles Dickens
May the peace and joy of God be in your hearts this holiday season as you partake in the celebration of our Lord's incarnation, and may the glory of the risen Christ remain your light now and always. Merry Christmas!
Thanks for sharing! It is very sad how we commercialize the Christmas season. Some of our friends don't give gifts (amongst their family) on Christmas day. Instead they have a jar set on the table that they put spare change in. On Christmas (or around that time) they go and donate the money to local charities. I Thought that was a rather neat idea. What a way to truly share the Grace of God! I hope that we can do that too.. Thanks again!
In Christ's Service, Sarah
PS this is the same Sarah that has commented on your other posts.. I just changed my user name..
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! It is very sad how we commercialize the Christmas season.
Some of our friends don't give gifts (amongst their family) on Christmas day. Instead they have a jar set on the table that they put spare change in. On Christmas (or around that time) they go and donate the money to local charities. I Thought that was a rather neat idea. What a way to truly share the Grace of God! I hope that we can do that too..
Thanks again!
In Christ's Service,
Sarah
PS this is the same Sarah that has commented on your other posts.. I just changed my user name..
Post a Comment